I once made a cheese cake that took me all day to make. I'm dead serious. All day! Bless Martha Stewart's little heart. But we live in the real world, right? Which is why I love this super easy lime cheesecake recipe. It's super fast, easy and it makes people think you spent all day baking. Wait... do I want people to think I spend all day baking?
Here's what you need for the crust:
(I like to think I invented this crust and it is A-mazing!)
24 Graham Crackers
4 TBS coconut oil
Here's what else you need:
6 oz. box of Lim Jell-o
1 cup boiling water
16 oz cream cheese (low fat if you like)
8 oz cottage cheese (you can also go low fat)
1/3 sour cream (again, low fat is an option)
the juice of 4 Key Limes (or regular limes, whatever)
Here's what you do:
1. Place the graham crackers in a blender, food processor, or crush them, whatever works.
2. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave in increments on 30 seconds.
3. Combine the crackers and the oil.
4. Spread and press the mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
5. Refrigerate while you work on your filling
1. Combine boiling water and Jell-o in a mixing bowl. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. Use a blender or food processor to combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture to the Jell-o, combine.
4. Add the rest of the cheese mixture.
5. Spoon filling into baking dish containing the crust.
6. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 8 hours.
That's it! Now you have some yummy and tangy treats!